Food Safety Forum

This forum is establish to promote food safety awareness among forum's members.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

Post subject: PRP and oPRP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 pm 

Sponsored Links

Hi dear friends
I have a problem for selecting of PRP or oPRP in some food processing plants.If possible for you,please explain it for me and say by use of what technic ,we will be able to find differnce between PRP and oPRP?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: PRP and oPRP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:04 pm 

According to my opinion:
PRP - related to the infrastructure (inculding human resources) and maintenance programes.

oPRP - Implemented to specifically control and monitor the potential biological, chemical and physical hazards (personnel hygiene, sanitation, disinfection).
May I give you some other examples of oPRP's. Say for example you have several metal detection systems or sieving systems in the process, in true HACCP terms only the last one is the CCP ( the last point at which a hazard can be detected) , however the other metal detection or sieving points in the process still need to be monitored and controlled, these are oPRP's.
[A friend also explained difference between PRP's and OPRP's as below:
Clear distinction between PRPs and Operational PRPs is:

The PRP's are not selected for the purpose of controlling a specific identified hazard, but for the purpose of maintaining a general hygienic production, processing and handling environment and may still have an effect on the end product safety if not included in the food safety system.

Operational prerequisites are those that are in place to directly manage or control measures that the hazard analysis has identified as necessary to control to acceptable levels and are not otherwise management by the HACCP plan.
I hope this will help you,
Naveed

Sponsored links

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:05 pm 

Hi dear Navid
Thanks for your explanation ,but my problem is persist ,according to your opinion,oPRP are like controling of CCPs and havent differnce.If it is correct,why we must separate oPRP from HACCP plane and consider as oPRP?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:49 am 

---------
Hi Naveed

This is a good forum for your country and I hope you will achieve your intention. I have invited a few of my Karachi friends to join your forum and contribute positively.

Your explanation on the difference between PRPs and OPRPs is indeed correct. The interpretation is so clear but yet many people still have problems understanding it. As a retired IRCA Tutor (Ireland) for ISO22K, perhaps, giving another example will help:
Pest Control Procedures (A Maintenance PRP) - (Procedures with No data implementation)
Pest Control Activity Log (An OPRP) - verification activity on the Pest Control PRP (With Data on Record)

* I urge all not to be a victim of Auditors who are not competently trained and lacking in technical understanding telling you otherwise. Attachment from a ISO verified scheme should help.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail